Friday, April 07, 2006

got the license!!!

  • ZONING CLEARANCE ($202.00) This was required by the city of Santa Cruz department of planning and community development. Since I don't have an actual site for my business, i had to get clearance for my home residency to be the base. Basically they wanted to make sure I won't have lots of people coming by our house or lots of packages being delivered all the time, disturbing the neighbors and the local parking situation. It was a fairly quick and painless operation - just fill out a simple application, answer a few questions and write a check for $202 big ones to the City of Santa Cruz. This is a one time fee as long as I am based in the current location.

  • BUSINESS LICENSE ($145.15) Once I had clearance from the zoning department, getting the biz license was a snap. It is good for one year - I'll have to pay the same fee again next year to renew.


I'm now in business!!!
Well, one more missing piece - I need a resale number from the board of equalization in order to buy products wholesale. There is no charge for this, but the office is located in San Jose so I'll have to wait for this last step...

Running Total for start up fees: $424.15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home